- With more than 30 categories covering regions and investment activities, the IPE Real Estate Global Awards provide an opportunity to recognise the hard work, innovation, commitment and strategy behind your real estate investments.
- The Awards provide a unique opportunity to benchmark your organisation's real estate portfolios' performance.
- Over the past 17 years the event has grown to become the premier event of its class.
- Pension funds
- Group retirement savings plans
- Life insurance companies
- Insurance groups running property portfolios for group companies only
- Sovereign wealth funds
- Pensions or institutionally-owned asset management companies that invest on behalf of their stakeholders only with no third party interests
- Investment consultants
In 2020 we attracted a record 230 entries across all categories. From 18 countries around the world, the total market value of the institutional investors that took part was more than €3.6 trillion, while collectively their real estate and real assets under management exceeded €316 billion. A record 43 judges make up the review panel. Thank you to all the institutional investors and judges that took part.
The IPE Real Estate Global Awards seek to reward excellence and innovation in institutional real estate investment, thereby creating a meaningful annual benchmark that allows institutional real estate investors to measure their real estate portfolios against their peers at national, regional and global levels as well as against institutions of a similar size, remit and resource.
The typical review period covers 12-18 months but we do recognise that real estate developments often take longer to show results. We would therefore actively encourage entrants to prepare submissions based on longer term projects, so long as they can give an updated account in any given year they enter.
- Silver regional
- Silver themed
For the platinum Outstanding Industry Contribution award, we invite all IPE Real Assets readers to send in nominations
based on specially drafted entry forms. Once we have formed the short-lists based on the nominations,
we invite all the judges to vote for their top three in this coveted category.
Our pledge to you
You may submit the entry you use for your regional awards and/or additional entries for the themed Awards, provided they are relevant. If you do submit the same entry for your region and different themes, it will be judged independently by the relevant judging panels.
The Entry Form
- The first is simply for the category and name of the entrant.
- The second collects fundamental data such as the size of your assets and performance figures.
- The third is a short text based area known as the Overview and Investment Strategy. This is a 350 - 450 optimum word count text area that asks you to provide a detailed summary of your institution's history, overall objectives and investment strategy. This is a mandatory response to provide the judges with key information about your institution. Bullet points are acceptable but please ensure they contain enough information to give the judges a solid understanding of your organisation.
- The fourth part is a longer text based area with an optimum range of 750 - 850 words for your regional entry and any themed awards you wish to take part in.
- The fifth is to upload your logo and any other supporting attachments such as graphs and performance tables.
*The IPE Real Estate Global Awards are not open to asset or investment managers or property developers. Moreover, the IPE Real Estate Global Awards cannot and does not accept entries from pensions-owned investment vehicles or funds. In addition, the IPE Real Estate Global Awards reserves the right to restrict entries from pension-owned asset managers to themed awards only in support of specific areas of the investment strategy they pursue for the pension fund that owns them.